March 27, 1952
-Mrs. J. Ford Christensen was elected chairman for the Massapequa Avenue Parent-Teacher Association. Other offi- cers elected for a two-year term included Mrs. A. Sidney Roth,first vice-president; Mrs. Tracy Logan, second vice-president; Mrs. Edwin Fox, treasurer; Mrs. John Dedeyn, recording secretary and Mrs. Arthur Rohr, corresponding secretary.
-Four hundred eighty boys from the Massapequa area tried out for eight Little League ball teams.
-Some movies playing in theaters included, Phone Call From a Stranger; Rose of Cimarron; Submarine Command; When Worlds Collide; A Streetcar Named Desire and Joan of Arc.
-John R. Holub, of Massapequa, Eastern Division lieutenant, presented the newly appointed South Shore Power Squadron Commander Robert T. Schmidt at itsfirst annual dinner dance at the South Shore Terrace.
-The Village Rose Garden had been the result of the cooperative efforts of the residents and businessmen of the Village under the sponsorship of the Women’s League of Massapequa Park.
-Mrs. George E. McManus was elected president of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary of Post 7277 at the Massapequa Park Village.
-Company Four of the Massapequa Fire Department named Herbert Terry, Jr. captain, John Harrison,first lieutenant, and Adam Holzwarth, second lieutenant. Company Five of the Massapequa Fire Department named Edwin Wilber, captain, Harry Cole,first lieutenant, and Bert Wolf, second lieutenant.